Neat is a collection of Utility Classes that help making games with XNA a lot easier.
This project is maintained by Saeed Afshari.
The releases will be updated a few times per year. If you want the latest version, use the Source Code page.
Tutorials and guides on using this engine are available at
If this project has helped you, please consider supporting it by
making a donation via PayPal.
Key Features [For a complete list of features
- A Fully-customizable Console with Auto-complete and coloring support
- Kinect Support
- Scripting Support
- GUI (Labels, Buttons, etc.)
- Content Libraries and Sprite Sheet support
- TrackHUD (Shows what song is currently being played by MediaPlayer)
- Polygon Collision Detection
- Helper libraries for common Mathematics and Geometry operations
- Screens, Post Effects and Transitions support with built-in effects and transitions
Ready to begin using Neat?
- Download the latest version of Neat
- If you have problems building some of the SpriteFonts, modify them with fonts installed on your system.
- Modify Neat Starter package the way you want. you're ready to go!
- Kinect features require Kinect SDK. http://kinectforwindows.org
You can visit my blog for more tutorials and updates on Neat:
(Follow my twitter (@saeedafshari) for more updates)